03 November 2010

You Wish Young Eyes Could See You Grow Older

Do you remember that episode of Pete & Pete when Pete hears the best song he's ever heard but can't remember how it goes and know one knows what it is and he's worried that he's going to lose it forever? I didn't think that story was relevant anymore because all you have to do is type "lyrics" and "whatever words you remember" into google and you instantly know what it is. A few weeks ago though, I was in H&M not really paying attention to the music until I realized that I had been listening to the best song I've ever heard in my life. I tried to remember some words but they were too hard to understand and there were only 20 seconds left in the song so I hummed the part I remembered and hoped I'd figure out some way to type that into google. This, asking people if they've heard a song that sounded like a mix between Coldplay, Patrick Wolf, and Sigur Ros, and looking for an H&M playlist didn't work but spending 4 hours on this did. There's not really any moral to this story, it's just something to say about a song that I like so much that I don't have anything to say about it.

5 Comments:

Isa said...

VEVO HAS BLOCKED THIS IN MY COUNTRY ON COPYRIGHT GROUNDS! not fair not fairrr

Isa said...

wait you probably researched this by now but fyi jonsi is the lead singer of sigur ros.... surprise! listen to boy lilikoi

laura said...

oooh i know! and i got the whole cd STAT and love that song too.

e. c. said...

WHO TOLD THE WHOLE WORLD ABOUT JONSI'S NEW ALBUM IN MAY? THIS GUY. (just tooting my own horn) (har har)

(see: http://www.autostraddle.com/emilys-team-pick-jonsi-from-sigur-ros/)

laura said...

emily choo heard this album before me and i ignored her brilliant recommendation. now the world knows.